Here is a helpful sample job description template for the position of Inventory Manager that you can use as base to prepare the final JD.
Job Title: Inventory Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Inventory Manager CHS Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, has a career opening at our facility in Mankato, MN. This position receives all incoming and outgoing freight in Mankato, MN Monitors and maintains accurate up to date inventories of all maintenance supplies and organizes and controls parts, material and supplies to minimize downtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly evaluate item performance in season and make recommendations for re-orders, consolidations and return-to-vendors
- Recommend and forecast initial quantity and allocations for key items
- Partner with merchants and suppliers on inventory planning, inventory flow strategies, vendor requirements and capabilities and contingency planning
- Create and update store clusters using the ranking template to effectively allocate product to the right stores
- Create and adjust size scales to ensure appropriate size allocation by store
- Responsible for forecasting at the supplier, product and style level and reconciling with the buyer and planner
- Create and recommend buy plans and allocations for initial purchases at the supplier and item level
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills ‘ strong interaction with the customer. Ability to interface with Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Manufacturing, and Inventory Planning
- Work effectively in a team-based environment in both lead and subordinate roles, and have strong multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive resolution
- Strong analytical skills ‘ ability to identify issues and develop solutions
- 5+ years experience; 2 years program management experience desirable
- Bachelors Degree required; PMI Certification desirable
Salary: $13.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE