Find below a sample job description template for the position of IT Assistant:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Location of the Job: Hazard, KY 41701
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
The primary function of this position is to assist in resolving telephony and desk top related problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles and configures network components and associated services.
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware.
- Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Provides users with network technical support.
- Installs, upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software and files services.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Sets up and maintains basic network operations, including assembly of network hardware, and provides assistance to the network administrator.
- Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources.
- Ability to balance a fun and friendly work environment with high levels of productivity
- Flexibility in schedule and accessibility outside of work hours to address questions or concerns
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Linux command line experience preferred
- High level of hardware troubleshooting experience
- Ability to build custom desktop PCs from components
- Windows TCP/IP networking experience
- Windows OS expertise
Salary: 14.00 – 18.00 USD / hour