This sample job description template for the position of Lead Technician is given by means of example only. Please make necessary changes to reflect the actual requirements of your organization.
Job Title: Lead Technician
Location of the Job: Albany, NY 12202
Years of Experience: 2+ to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
To organize, lead and supervise the performance of a variety of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled technicians in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of NEC vehicles and to conduct more complex diagnostic and repair work with little supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the Unit.
- Maintains work, time and material and equipment maintenance logs and records for self and assigned staff.
- Orders replacement parts and supplies.
- Acts for Manager Maintenance during absences.
- Identifies and reports vehicle abuse and/or major technical problems.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with other Operations units (e.g. Route Logistics, Driver Care etc.)
- Reviews, assesses and analyzes work processes and practices and identifies and recommends opportunities for improvements.
- Valid applicable state license and other required certification to operate company vehicles
- ASE certification in four areas is desirable
- Diesel experience
- Minimum recommended tools for Class I Mechanic
- A minimum of five years automotive or truck repair experience
- High school graduate or equivalent education, training and experience
Salary: USD 18.00 /hour