This sample job description template for the position of Machine Operator will help you prepare a real JD for your organization; you just need to replace the sections in the template with the actual requirements of your company.
Job Title: Machine Operator
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Machine operators needed for a heavy industrial environment for 1st and 2nd shift which runs from 6am to 30 pm and 30 pm to 3 am Monday through Saturday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to use calipers and micrometers
- Must be able to be able to listen carefully to verbal instructions
- Must be able to use basic shop tools
- Must be able to load material in and out of the machines
- Must be able to operate a manufacturing machine
- Keeps machine properly maintained (cleaned and lubricated)
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion.
- Reads Electrical and Pneumatic diagrams to help speed the repair of the equipment if it malfunctions.
- Must be capable of trouble shooting machine issues quickly.
- Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Able to squat and kneel on an occasional basis (3-6 hours)
- Able to twist and bend the neck and waist on a constant basis (6-8 hours)
- Able to sit and stand up to 10 hours per day
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on a constant basis (6-8 hours)
- Hearing Protection required
Salary: 8.96 – 8.96 USD /hour