A sample job description template for the position of Manufacturing Engineer is given below:
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position requires a minimum of a limited USCG Merchant Mariners 2nd Engineer’s License for motor vessels of size of no less than 1600 GT / 3000 ITC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed
- Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing, sales, marketing, and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget
- Participate in EHS related actions, to improve safety in own area
- Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process and respect objectives
- Bring new ideas and positive support to the current process
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing NPI’s and for process improvements
- Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles
- Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
- Define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals to completion
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills, especially in documenting evaluation results.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Access/Project).
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments, Six Sigma and statistical techniques.
- Experience in plastic processes such as; potting, bonding, encapsulation and coatings.
- 3+ yrs experience working with materials as a professional engineer.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Engineering.
Salary: $10.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE