Have a look at the sample job description template for the position of Materials Manager given below; you can use it to create a JD for this position in your organization.
Job Title: Materials Manager
Location of the Job: Cedarville, MI 49719
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Materials Manager will assist various departmental and operational teams in the efficient scheduling and delivery of processed limestone. This position must be familiar with the products produced as well as the customer requirements for each facility as well as the shipping company’s vessels and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a focal point in lean manufacturing training.
- Perform cycle counts, report on inventory.
- Issue and maintain a machine load schedule.
- Maintaining accounting software including part master files, B.O.M. and routings.
- Coordinate the delivery of material, supplies and finished goods through standard expedited means.
- Prepare master MRP schedule and help problem solve scheduling issues based on customer release schedules, company capacity, lead time of operations and sales forecasts.
- Reviews purchase orders, contracts and vendor performance to ensure compliance with ROI procedures and TS16949.
- Develops and maintains company central purchasing system.
- Purchase other items as required.
- Purchase and manage inventories of raw materials, equipment and supplies.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in purchasing for the organization, both within the materials department and in other departments.
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed
- Some travel required
- Must have a strong understanding of MRP systems, both planning and purchasing aspects
- Must possess a minimum of 1+ year of experience managing a planning/purchasing group
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years of experience in planning and purchasing in a manufacturing environment
- BS degree in Material Science, Logistic, Supply Chain or Business Administration/Management
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE