A sample job description template for the position of Medical Assistant is given below:
Job Title: Medical Assistant
Location of the job: New York, NY 10001
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
We are currently looking for experienced medical assistants. We have several temporary openings in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and The Bronx. We will only accept candidates with at least six months of paid experience. Spanish and Cantonese speaking a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screening and triage of phone calls and message
- Review of lab results with appropriate disposition
- Daily equipment maintenance and sterilization
- Procedure room and equipment preparation and cleaning
- Daily blood draw, processing and order entry into EMR and laboratory order systems
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Assist physicians with procedures
- Serves and protects the ophthalmology practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Supply Management
- Verbal Communication skills
- Infection Control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Organization, scheduling and professionalism
- Customer focused
- Bedside Manners
- Medical Teamwork