Find below a sample job description template for the position of Medical Case Worker:
Job Title: Medical Case Worker
Location of the Job: Overland Park, KS
Years of Experience: 3 – 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Office based telephonic medical case management with emphasis on early intervention, return to work planning, coordination of quality medical care on claims involving disability and medical treatment as well as in-house medical reviews as applicable to claim handling laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents case management assessments, activity, treatment plans and resolutions
- Compile existing medical records for medical home
- Coordinate care for children needing specialty care or follow up medical care
- Work closely with foster care families with navigating the HealthChoice system and establishing a medical home for foster care child(ren)
- Collaborate with current health suite staff to schedule initial health screenings, comprehensive screenings, dental and mental health screenings
- Serve as medical case manager for children entering the Baltimore City Foster Care system
- Participates in staff, community, professional and inter-agency meetings and conferences.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Computer literate specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- A minimum of one year related experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited college/university, Masters Preferred
- Relevant clinical experience providing services to pregnant women and/or infants, preferably in a public health/community setting.
- Current licensure as a Social Worker in the State of Maryland.
Salary: 1,364.00 – 2,520.00 USD /month