Have a look at the sample job description template for the position of Medical Records Specialist given below. You can use this as a base to create a real JD for this position in your organization.
Job Title: Medical Records Specialist
Location of the Job: Philadelphia, PA 19140
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are looking for a Health Information Analyst. Need someone who is familiar with medical record documents and record access.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with medical review of promotional/other materials.
- Timely processing of HCP inquiries for Oncology products.
- Research, analyzes, and interprets current medical literature to develop scientifically accurate, fair-balanced, comprehensive medical responses to unsolicited medical information requests from healthcare professionals
- Ability to function effectively within a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of clinical therapeutics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General computer literacy and the ability to search and retrieval information from secondary sources
- Understanding drug surveillance, product promotion and the legal aspects of product information
- Thorough knowledge of FDA requirements
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy (Pharm D preferred), Pharmacology, Science or equivalent clinical experience
- Ability to critically evaluate clinical literature including all aspects of clinical trial design and methodology
- Health care experience and an understanding of physician, pharmacy and other patient care practices.
- Detailed product knowledge regarding pathophysiology, pharmacology, and overall treatment of disease states related to Pharma Client
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management
Salary: $16.00 – $19.00 Hourly DOE