Here is a sample job description template for the position of Mental Health Worker:
Job Title: Mental Health Worker
Location of the job: Paterson, NJ
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
People Incorporated is one of the Twin Cities’ leading nonprofits dedicated to finding innovative and meaningful ways to address the complex and neglected needs of those who struggle with mental illness and other brain disorders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and/or teaching and/or instructional.
- maintaining structured and focused activities with consumers
- Coordinates group therapy from a varied model perspective
- Coordinates group therapy and their families.
- To ensure excellence of patient care under the direct supervision of the nurse
- Responsible to the Patient Care Manager or his/her designee.
- recognizing signs of abuse, neglect and domestic violence and report incidents
- providing transportation for consumers and their families
- providing and monitoring program activities
- Masters degree in social work psychology, or human services field with clinical license as LICSW, LPCC, LMFT or equivalent.
- A current driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Experience working with mental illness, children and families, a reliable vehicle