Following is a sample job description template for the position of Network Security Specialist:
Job Title: Network Security Specialist
Location of the Job: Washington R4569
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Candidate will design, test, and implement state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products.
- Performs remote file access in support of investigations.
- Conduct risk assessment and provides recommendations for mitigation of risk.
- Performs account creation and alternative token (PKI) activities.
- Initiate actions for IDS incidents.
- Runs FRED and AFR on systems as directed providing results to analysis section.
- Respond to classified spillage incidents and manages activities and reporting through completion.
- Reviews Port, Protocol and Services requests.
- Performs Incident Response activities.
- Uses Remedy to assign respond to tasks.
- Prepares IDS reports and evaluates trusted site requests.
- Apply security patches as required.
- Perform Taclane and Fastlane configuration Management.
- Trouble shooting layers 1, 2 and 3 of the OSI Model.
- As a member of a team, configure, install, monitor, upgrade and maintain 64 Point of Presence suites and networks that are protected by those suites.
- Configure and create replacement gear as needed.
- Proactively utilize network monitoring tools to isolate events before service degradation occurs.
- Maintain constant observance of network monitoring tools to facilitate quick reaction to any network outage.
- Perform immediate troubleshooting as the situation dictates for any and all network outages as reported by users, sensors, and/or operational personnel.
- Work Remedy trouble tickets as assigned by Tier II lead.
- Perform system maintenance on any systems requiring patching and upgrading.
- Create Remedy trouble tickets for any corrective action taken for daily checks.
- Conduct daily performance checks on 100+ Unix systems and 250+ Cisco devices (CPU utilization, system logs, system errors, others as required).
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 Hourly DOE