Given below is a sample job description template for the position of PR Coordinator:
Job Title: PR Coordinator
Location of the job: New York, NY 10017
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Livio Radio makes The NPR Radio and the Livio Radio featuring Pandora. We’re a fast growing company working with some of the largest brands and retailers in the world. We are hiring a Public Relations Coordinator to work out of our Ferndale, MI office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
- Completes special projects as needed.
- Works closely with local Business Development Department/Client Programs Team to leverage domestic and international events and seminar programs as part of public relations programs.
- Drafts content for the firm’s website and internal communications channels.
- Works with lawyers to develop media pitches and to prepare them for media interviews. Proactively seeks media opportunities for profiling the firm and lawyers.
- Helps coordinate award entries and directories and survey submissions and facilitates interviews, as required.
- Identifies opportunities for byline articles, drafts media pitches and places articles.
- Drafts and distributes press releases, deal and case announcements and general media announcements.
- Supervises firm contacts with external media within the market/region; manages the reactive press office function, and directs media inquiries to appropriate lawyers.
- Supervises the maintenance of editorial calendars.
- Assists in the design and implementation of the public relations programs, specifically in the local market/region but also globally.
- Able work on multiple programs with multiple components.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in AP style writing skills
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in basic public relations, including local media relations
- Four year degree in public relations, journalism, communications or other applicable area of study.