Here is what a sample job description template for the position of Procurement Director would look like:
Job Title: Procurement Director
Location of the job: Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Years of Experience: 3+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Directly responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of operational and tactical procurement activities for direct and in-direct commodities within the guidelines of the company policy and goals at all CCE facilities, owned and/or operated, in the respective CCE North America Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage strategic sourcing managers, other professionals and tactical buyers as assigned and direct their work efforts.
- Establish global teams to share ideas and further the goal of improved productivity.
- Establish organizations/departments that improve materials and operational productivity and deploy them to meet BE goal.
- Continuously review and modify organizational and technical infrastructure to ensure increased customer satisfaction while lowering expenses.
- Responsible for JCI corporate wide procurement synergies.
- Responsible for deploying centralized procurement and operational strategies on a global basis.
- Responsible for creating deploying and managing supplier diversity organizations and strategies.
- Responsible for managing improvement and CIBBP programs, metrics and projects that add significant value to BE globally.
- Provide strategic direction for BE regarding purchasing and operational changes that optimize the BE business globally.
- Provide strategic procurement and other programs that leverage the operations of Johnson Controls with measurable financial results globally.
- Experience using the Oracle and Cognos database a plus
- 7-10 years experience managing procurement/planning in the medical device industry
- At least intermediate level user of Microsoft Office Suite of software specifically Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with all departments
- Strong negotiation skills
- Forecasting, planning and budgeting abilities
- Bachelors degree
Salary: 120,000.00 – 140,000.00 USD /year