Following is a sample job description template for the position of Purchasing Specialist:
Job Title: Purchasing Specialist
Location of the Job: Toledo, OH 43697
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Summit Solutions is a growing company seeking a motivated and talented individual to fill the role of Purchasing Specialist in the Pittsburgh Area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Recommends bills for payment by verifying bills from suppliers against bids and purchase orders.
- Verifies warehouse inventory by inputting and adding supplies received to current inventory levels.
- Completes purchase requests by verifying inventory and specifications of purchase requests;
- Provides information regarding ordering; answering questions and requests; making copies; updating and generating reports.
- Maintains master file of stock items by assigning numbers to new stock items; updating specification files.
- Forecasting, re-order point analysis, Min/Max inventory levels, manage stocking agreements and price negotiation.
- Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact.
- Proficient in standard business application software and specialized in purchasing and/or materials systems / MRP.
- Certificate in Purchasing Management (CPIM) or APICS.
- Knowledge of purchasing and negotiating methods, principles and concepts. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement.
- Management (CPM) or APICS desired.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of increasingly responsible related experience. Certificate in Purchasing.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
Salary: $16.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE