A sample job description template for the position of Quality Officer is given below:
Job Title: Quality Officer
Location of the Job: Newark, NJ 07101
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Quality Officer is responsible for reviewing medical records to ensure coding quality, working with the medical staff on Physician Queries, conducting educational sessions for coding staff and medical staff, and reviewing data from the various coding edits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties in accordance with Rushmore policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
- Prepares reports to management on quality and integrity of such processes and recommending corrective actions for any reported deficiencies.
- Responsible for testing Rushmore’s business processes to assure that Rushmore operates in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and requirements, including requirements of HUD
- Responsible for examining Rushmore’s business processes to assure that Rushmore operates in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and requirements, including requirements of HUD
- Quality Management certification preferred
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Three to five years experience with quality management/patient safety functional responsibilities
- Progressively responsible (10 years) clinical experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or clinical healthcare profession; master’s degree preferred.