The job of a Ride Operator involves controlling and operating vehicles and riding devices. Role and responsibilities vary with the company. Given below is a sample job description template for this position.
Job Title: Ride Operator
Location of the job: Baltimore, MD 21217
Years of Experience: 2+ to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team as full-time, part-time, or seasonal Ride Operators / Drivers in our Visitor Services Department. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A personable atmosphere and experienced dispatchers
- Competitive pay and scheduled time at home
- Health insurance benefits with a reasonable deductible and family coverage
- Safety incentives
- Fuel discount card
- Choice of regional or long-haul runs
- Committed support network
- Experienced dispatchers
- Consistent year-round miles
- Driver-friendly freight
- Dedicated lanes (based on seniority)
- Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions
- Must be able to walk large areas of the Zoo as needed
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events
- Must be able to stand and remain active for an eight hour shift
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of six months related experience and/or training
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment including rides, tram, train, vehicles, computerized register, two-way radio, telephone, etc.
Salary: $8.00 /Hour