Have a look at the sample job description template for the position of Safety Engineer given below. You can use it as a base to prepare actual JD for this position.
Job Title: Safety Engineer
Location of the Job: Walton Beach, FL 32548
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are currently seeking an Engineer to be responsible for Equipment safety (design through manufacture, implementation in the work place and associated documentation), facility safety and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support sales and marketing activities to offer TUV Rheinland services to clients
- Keep strict client confidential
- Find new approaches to new developments
- Create test reports and document test results in reference to the performed assessments
- Supervise of laboratory tests (e.g. environmental and EMC tests)
- Support clients in reference to Functional Safety topics
- Functional safety assessments of challenging projects including hardware and software assessments in reference to the requirements as need per the client
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- BS degree in Product or Systems Safety Engineering, Masters a plus
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
- Must have an example of an SSA that has been approved by the FAA or other airworthiness authority showing compliance to FAR 25.1309.
- 10+ years experience on commercial and/or military systems development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power-Point, Project)
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE