A sample job description template for the position of Senior Accounting Analyst is given below:
Job Title: Senior Accounting Analyst
Location of the Job: Madison, WI
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Downtown Houston private equity company in the oil and gas sector is seeking the brightest and “best in class” accounting and finance professional to grow its accounting team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of various tax returns and filings
- Prepare, analyze and report key financial indicators to management
- Perform general ledger variance analysis for management’s review and account reconciliations.
- Assist in tracking and recording settled derivatives.
- Respond to requests from internal and external auditors
- Assist with annual budgeting and strategic planning
- Assist with account reconciliations, account variance analysis and monthly closing and reporting activities
- Team player, willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- 4-8 years of progressive general accounting experience
- A qualified individual will have an executive presence with strong business acumen, which is the key to success at any level in this company.
- CPA or progress towards completion is required.
- Solid Excel and general ledger accounting system knowledge
- Strong GAAP accounting, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Soft skills include strong communication skills and an ease in dealing with individuals at the executive level to operational level individuals.
Work Hours: 40h/Week
Salary: 65,000.00 – 80,000.00 USD /year