The job of Sewing Machine Operator varies widely, but usually involves working on a single/double needle sewing machine. Given below is a sample job description template for this position.
Job Title: Sewing Machine Operator
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Very fast growing company seeks experienced marine canvas fabrication technicians. Looking for individuals experienced in all aspects of marine Canvas design and installation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting materials.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Prepares machine by changing needles and thread; securing attachments.
- Maintains quality by inspecting finished product.
- Adjusts machine performance on material by observing machine operation; detecting malfunctions; adjusting settings.
- Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle.
- Approves materials by inspecting materials for flaws.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Will be working 1st shift, M-Thu 6am-30pm.
- Must have previous experience as an industrial sewer.
- Position is on a short-term basis (3-4 months) with possible extensions and depending on experience and quality of work, may eventually go direct.
Salary: $10.00 – $15.00 hourly