Here is a sample job description template for the position of Software Development Manager:
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Location of the Job: Cranbury, NJ 08512
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are seeking an exceptional leader for the team who build our cutting edge XAML presentation layer components. The primary focus of the Development Manager is to ensure we rapidly develop high quality software components by applying cutting edge software engineering practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Managers to define and prioritize the product
- Establish software development best practices and development processes tailored for mobile device client software products.
- Conduct regular review with management on program progress, risk assessment with proposed resolution alternatives in the delivery of complex, cross organizational and technologically challenging projects
- Establish and drive program schedule, review, analysis, monitor all critical paths related to key deliverables
- Provide leadership in generating cross product and project task plans, resource planning, identifying interdependencies and risk management plans
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business and technical vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Web services (SOA), open source solutions, and UNIX tools.
- Experience with Ruby, Perl, Java or C/C++.
- 5-10 years experience in Software development and 2-5 years as development Manager
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE