Find below a sample job description template for the position of Software Manager:
Job Title: Software Manager
Location of the Job: Conyers, GA 30094
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining costs, methods and employees related to the development of product and tools. Involved in the assessment of basic architecture limitations, definition and selection of new concepts and approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insures adherence to established development policies and procedures
- Develops software; participates in code reviews
- Recognizes discrepancies in results and determines necessary corrections
- Employs/applies standard development methodology
- Recommends design direction/modifications of software system components
- Responsible for implementing new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; assists in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems
- Facilitates decisions on scope of work, duration of tasks, and determination of design requirements
- Provides direction in resolving functional and software/hardware issues during overall system validation
- Manages project schedule, staying abreast of issues which may effect delivery timetables
- Balances software development with other business functions
- Interviews and hires personnel; writes performance appraisals; makes disciplinary decisions
- Develops, organizes and manages software project plans and schedules;
- Thrives working with an intellectually stimulating, high energy team.
- Fast learning ability and clear English communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitment to team goals
- Experience with delivering of reusable software frameworks
- Understanding of user interface best practices
- A solid, working knowledge of the .NET framework.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Passion for ensuring quality through exceptional unit testing
- Motivation for learning technologies like Silverlight, WPF, etc.
- Strong software development skills
- 1+ years of experience with WPF/SL
- BS/MS in Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent skills
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE