This sample job description template for the position of Surgical Coordinator will help you prepare a real JD for this opening in your organization:
Job Title: Surgical Coordinator
Location of the job: Cuyahoga Falls, OH, 44221
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Premier Retina practice seeks a Surgical Coordinator/Medical Administrative Assistant for its Manhattan office. Skilled applicant will provide confidential administrative and secretarial support exercising judgment to maximize efficiency and accuracy of schedules, meetings, and data gathering analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May coordinates transfer of patients from other hospitals as necessary.
- Schedules patient appointments to assigned service or department. Verifies patient demographics for presentation to insurance carriers.
- Provides physicians and support staff with up-to-date practice schedules as requested.
- Under direction of supervisor and/or clinical support staff, makes adjustments to schedules to reflect provider’s time away from practice or changes in treatment protocols.
- Schedules or registers all patient appointments based on established protocols, including insurance verification.
- Arranges patient pre-testing with appropriate department.
- Records hospital reservation and pre-admit data in prevailing institutional system (currently CERNER).
- Documents all requests for assigned service and forwards the request to the appropriate staff or physician for follow up.
- Performs other related duties.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of third party billing required.
- Medical office experience required.