Following is a sample job description template for the position of Systems Manager:
Job Title: Systems Manager
Location of the Job: Portland, OR 97204
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
GENCO has an immediate opening for a Systems Manager at our 1.4 million square foot distribution facility, located in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania.
NOTE: This position will be located in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania, approximately 50 miles from Wilkes-Barre / Scranton area. This site operates 24/7 with approximately 400 teammates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and directing the analysis of automated systems
- Supervising and training teammates
- Day to day support of various systems of operation and monitor system activities to insure that all interfaces are working as required
- Coordinating and conforming with the operational aspects of GENCO Core Excellence Program and audit regularly to ensure full compliance
- Hardware, software, network trouble shooting
- Providing required systems training, knowledge and reporting
- Performing modifications as needed
- Consulting/coordinating with corporate and customer system programmers to design, develop and implement new modifications
- Managing the WAN and Radio Frequency equipment
- Monitoring performance of entire system and maintaining system security
- Gathering and analyzing data concerning all department operations
- Coordinating and managing process improvements within the operation
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of programming in SQL.
- A thorough knowledge of the Business use of databases and their front-end applications in a client server environment.
- Solid understanding of good change control processes and methods (understanding of ITIL is a plus)
- Ability to interact, coordinate, and cooperate effectively with clients and IS personnel.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Day to day incident management experience (hands on)
- Batch processing experience
- Operations Infrastructure and Networking experience
- Database knowledge – either leading DBAs or hands on experience
- Deployment process expertise
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE