This sample job description template for the position of Test Manager will guide you in preparing the real JD for the position in your company:
Job Title: Test Manager
Location of the Job: Sacramento, CA 95670
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Test Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the key competencies and processes required to meet the testing needs of the business, including staffing, equipment and facilities, test setup and testing processes, data acquisition and reporting processes, and root cause analysis of test-related failures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to efficiently manage multiple projects, set priorities and maintain schedules.
- Technical background in Electronic or Signal Filtering a plus.
- Knowledge and proficient use of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of test engineering.
- Manage and develop lab team.
- Interface with various functions within the organization or customers to review product testing results, issues and potential design and performance problems.
- Monitor lab team on progress of tests to meet schedules and test program objectives.
- Specify validation tools to evaluate performances of new products.
- Certification in reliability engineering desired
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with engineering documentation software, preferably UG
- Working knowledge of strain gauge application, computer integrated instrumentation, and sound and vibration analysis
- Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience with PLC’s, PC-based data acquisition systems such as Somat EDAQ, mechanical testing system such as 4-posters
- Minimum 4 years of Test management experience
- 5 years experience in a test environment
- BS in mechanical or electrical engineering discipline. MS in an engineering discipline desirable.
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE