You can use the following sample job description template for the position of Unit Coordinator as a base for preparing the final JD for this opening in your organization:
Job Title: Unit Coordinator
Location of the job: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
As an integrated network of hospitals, physician clinics and home medical services, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare delivers quality care to communities throughout the Midwest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for laundry, cleaning of the vans, and inventory.
- Maintain interior and exterior upkeep of the building.
- Take on role of generalist in providing coverage of program units.
- Provides advocacy for members with community resources and services.
- Instruct membership in Clubhouse Standards and policies and uphold the same.
- Engages members and works alongside members in carrying out responsibilities.
- Demonstrates positive guest relations toward all customers.
- Effectively communicates priority information to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Promotes the development of self and team members.
- Participates in departmental or service improvement activities.
- Participates in unit activities as a responsible team member. Works collaboratively with other team members. Organizes work to complete delegated assignments on time.
- Appropriately prepare and enters patient charges. Coordinates patient admissions, transfers and discharges. Maintains patient medical records.
- Provides and coordinates clerical functions to support the delivery of patient care. Accurately transcribes physician orders.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- HSD/GED minimum with 2 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree
- High school graduate. Keyboarding experience and knowledge of medical terminology required Graduate of a Health Unit Coordinator program preferred
- Prior equivalent experience will be considered; national certification desirable.