Following is a sample job description template for the position of Veterinary Receptionist:
Job Title: Veterinary Receptionist
Location of the Job: Fairfield, NJ 07004
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Full or Part-Time experienced Veterinary Receptionist needed for a progressive, multi-doctor veterinary practice located Burlington County, NJ; within 30 minutes of Philadelphia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Determines animal requirements by reviewing care plans and records.
- Maintains equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; explaining animal’s status to customer.
- Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating database.
- Maintains safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sanitizing and disinfecting holding and support areas; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains animals by feeding; cleaning animals’ rooms, cages, and equipment; changing cages; administering medications; collecting samples.
Experience in the veterinary or medical field is required as this is a fast paced and busy environment. The ideal candidate should be reliable, self-motivated and have a pleasant demeanor with wonderful communication skills – both written and verbal. In addition, they should be organized and detail oriented. Competitive salary and benefit packages are available.
Salary: 15,000.00 – 20,000.00 USD /year