Following is a sample job description template for the position of Website Coordinator:
Job Title: Website Coordinator
Location of the job: Washington, DC 20032
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position will focus on the ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Big Dot of Happiness websites. They will manage the day-to-day maintenance of the websites, as well as complete any changes that are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist marketing team with marketing related projects, possibly including social media, SEO, SEM, email campaigns, affiliate marketing, etc.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend new marketing opportunities.
- Assist in creation and updating of various marketing and sales reports.
- Implement web marketing campaigns for online advertising and ensure optimal program performance by monitoring marketing placements and making adjustments as needed.
- Assist in Search Engine Marketing of websites including page titles, metadata, etc.
- Cancel orders in Yahoo to ensure the company is not paying fees for orders that did not go through.
- Keep customer service and fulfillment teams informed on new products that are loaded to the websites and available for sale.
- Update website “About Us” and “In the Press” pages to keep current with stories on the company.
- Build landing pages for email and advertising campaigns.
- Place products on preorder or out of stock, coordinating timing with Purchasing and Creative Manager.
- Write copy for product pages as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with other creative and marketing team members to ensure that projects are going smoothly and staying on task to meet project deadlines.
- Website Redesigns – Build new product pages and clean up existing product pages as part of website redesigns.
- New product loads – Build new product pages on the websites.
- Update and maintain all portions of websites including copy, photos, product loads, stock status, etc.
- Strong initiative, ability to work independently, self motivated and deadline-driven.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications and other web based tools.
- Comfortable working with general HTML code.
- 1 – 2 years of work experience a plus (can include internship)
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or related experience
- Ability to accurately work under deadlines and pressure
- Excellent attention to detail. This is absolutely critical for this position.
Salary: $13.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE