Following is a sample job description template for the position of Website Manager:
Job Title: Website Manager
Location of the Job: Broad Channel, NY 11693
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Website Manager is responsible for the successful planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of department website. The Website Manager uses Internet-based technologies and strong project management to help develop and maintain a large complex, multi-platform website.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Multimedia Division staff to coordinate content and editorial issues
- Provides direction for the website and maintains its overall effectiveness
- Works with staff throughout the organization to meet their requirements for representation on the website
- Creates and maintains a vision for the website and its role within the organization’s strategy
- Trouble shoots technical problems with Web developers and senior IS staff
- Plans and manages large online projects
- Plans and executes short-term objectives for the website
- Oversees the technical and design elements of the company’s website
- Expands and improves the site’s ability to serve the membership
- Makes presentations on the website to the Board and other customer audiences
- Establishes working relationships with staff and communicates the overall vision for the website
- Works with senior management to develop and implement the long-range plan for the website.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and balance multiple projects occurring simultaneously. Experience in using MS project or other project communication software.
- Candidate should have 7+ years of experience in IT or website management. Experience managing vendors and staff desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively with an internal multi-disciplinary project team and internally with clients.
- Knowledge of PMBoK methodologies; understand standards, tools, technologies and process of good project management. Coursework in project management preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant discipline required.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE