Find below a sample job description template for the position of Security Analyst:
Job Title: Security Analyst
Location of the Job: Westlake Village, CA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
We are looking for a security analyst with at least 5 years experience in Networking and Security. The suitable candidate will need to have experience with IDS/IPS, specifically with Snort regarding configuration, tuning, patching, maintenance, etc.
- Computer forensic skills desirable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- College degree and CISSP or other professional designation or certification related to Information Security preferred
- Knowledge of Network and Host Security Assessment tools
- Ability to research, analyze and resolve complex problems with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate
- Experience with deploying and securing Internet applications.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language to automate tasks.
- Strong familiarity with security issues surrounding network computing and experience in implementation of security systems and controls
- Prior experience developing and implementing security policy and/or standards desirable.
- Five (5) years or more experience in information security related positions, including at least two (2) years experience with hands-on technical experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to intrusion detection alerts.
- Develop, document and implement information security procedures to enforce information security standards.
- Monitor for the occurrence of security incidents and respond using incident response best practices.
- Develop, review and maintain security policies and standards for Windows/UNIX operating systems.
- Manage firewalls, proxy servers, and intrusion detection devices.
- Work with internal businesses, users and staff to enforce corporate information security policy and procedures by providing assistance in applying security standards to projects and implementations. This is to ensure designs for applications and acquired security components are compliant.
- Identify and remediate vulnerabilities within critical applications and databases findings.
- Perform Windows and UNIX security administration.
Salary: 48.00 – 48.00 Hourly DOE