Find below a sample job description template for the position of Technical Consultant:
Job Title: Technical Consultant
Location of the Job: San Antonio, TX 78205
The Technical Consultant is responsible for the successful completion of assigned client customization project activities of Accruent’s complex enterprise software suite.
- Experience with the architecting and designing of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure projects
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal) to all management levels within customer organization.
- Broad understanding of networking, system management, Windows, and UNIX operating systems
- VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft certifications a plus
- Knowledge and experience with the Lakeside software tools
- Implementation experience with leading a project for the rollout of desktop upgrades
- Knowledge and implementation experience with one or more of VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and Quest Virtualization Solutions
- Knowledge and implementation experience of one or more of Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View, and Quest VDI products
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in customization design sessions with the Technical Services Manager.
- Lead the business requirements gathering process for client customizations.
- Advise client on database configuration options based on best practices.
- Provide feedback to customers and creating structured documentation, including specifications, scopes of work and periodic status reports.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ensure that all customizations are documented.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the customizations are fully tested.
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
Salary: $11,000.00 – $13,000.00 /year