Find below a sample job description template for the position of Data Analyst:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location of the Job: Pleasanton, CA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Glotel is a premier provider of high quality, high value technology resources and solutions globally through our network of 22 offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia Pacific. We are currently seeking a Data Analyst.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Experience with developing business case scenarios and models.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box when the “traditional” analytical tools cannot be utilized.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, a plus.
- Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative assessments of data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define explicit business requirements in support of strategic and/or tactical projects
- Conduct on-going analysis of the business, operating practices, and process flows in order to identify improvement opportunities that are aligned with the strategic objectives.
- Proficiency with basic statistical concepts (regression analysis, factor analysis, significance testing, etc.)
- Develop business case scenarios and models.
- Conduct on-going analysis of the business, operating practices, and process flows.
- Analyze business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, benchmarking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
Salary: $22,000 – $52,000 /year