Find below a sample job description template for the position of Marketing Copywriter:
Job Title: Marketing Copywriter
Location of the Job: San Antonio, TX 78216
Position will work to create new customers for our client, prompt product usage and promote company rewards programs. Position will write direct mail, direct response print, collateral, emails and online web banner advertising.
- An awareness of wine – even just enjoying the odd glass – and an interest in developing your knowledge of a fascinating subject
- An understanding that the consumer world has changed, and the customer expects exceptional standards of service
- A high degree of self-motivation, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team
- An enquiring mind and excellent all-round communication skills
- The ability to work at a fast pace to tight deadlines, in an environment that is constantly changing
- At least 3-5+ Years writing experience with proven direct marketing and expertise
- A strong portfolio that shows real talent for language, and an ability to adapt to the requirements of different brands
- A natural interest in the web and a desire to develop new skills
- A fascination with words, a love of skilful writing and the determination to craft concise and really effective copy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of current industry marketing practices.
- Assist in marketing, advertising and public relations sponsorship activities as needed.
- Identify marketing material needs and function as liaison between sales and production.
- Manage and update content for the division’s website and social media sites.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with media.
- Write press releases, articles and pitch letters and implement various Public Relations campaigns.
- Coordinate and create concise and compelling copy for marketing collateral, including print advertising, direct mail, email, brochures, newsletters, websites, and social media.
- Assist Marketing Director with planning and execution of marketing programs, public relations and advertising for consumer shows, rallies and tours.
- Coordinate marketing efforts, public relations, advertising plans, and communication initiatives for the Marketing department.
Salary: $13,000.00 – $15,000.00 /year