The job of an Accounts Payable Specialist involves doing accounting and taxation related work pertaining to vendor invoices. Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Accounts Payable Specialist.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
We are seeking a qualified Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, OH.The position provides direct support for processing the day-to-day vendor invoices based on departmental procedures. Works closely with purchasing and plant personnel to resolve vendor invoice issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Very fast and accurate Data entry is required.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with 1099 process
- Assist with month-end close
- Provide back-up to AP Supervisor
- Process check requests, garnishments and tax payments insuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
- Research phone calls and discrepancies.
- Responsible for frequent check-runs.
- Post invoices into the computer system on a daily basis.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, corporate policies and procedures, and instructions.
- Ensure processors accuracy, timeliness and compliance to company policies.
- Audit and review processors daily work as well as employee expense reports.
- Previous manufacturing company experience is preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft programs such as Excel and Outlook a must.
- Experience using ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP or PeopleSoft preferred.
- Ability to calculate commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to read and analyze documents and procedure manuals.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a large accounts payable department.