The job of an Assistant Controller has mostly got to do with accounts and finance. The responsibilities involve assisting the Accounts/Finance Controller with budgeting, forecasting, bank account reconciliation, and other functions of the department. Here is a sample job description template for the position of Assistant Controller.
Job Title: Assistant Controller
Years of Experience: 10+ to 15 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Growing company located in the Exton area is looking for an Assistant Controller. Will be responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assistance with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Assisting Controller with management of finance department
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of monthly general ledger reconciliations and analyses
- Responsible for periodic operational reports and proformas
- Responsible for periodic corporate reporting and month-end close process with review by Controller and/or VP Finance
- Preparation of certain compensation schedules
- Preferred past supervisory experience.
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus.
- Candidate must have a 4 year Bachelor’s degree and CPA, with 4 plus years of Accounting / Finance experience;
- Proficient Microsoft Excel experience desired.
- large CPA firm / Audit experience a plus.
- Working conditions and Work hours:
- Work Hours: 8h/day