Find below a sample job description template for the position of Collections Agent:
Job Title: Collections Agent
Location of the Job: Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position is full time with benefits. There will be a paid training period for the first 4 weeks.
Pay is $11.50/hr plus commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus but not mandatory. Client will train on proprietary system.
- Client DOES NOT want to see aggressive collectors who lack excellent communications skills.
- Company pride themselves on their reputation for being known as an upscale collections agency.
- Assertiveness, professionalism, and proven track record will be heavily assessed during the interview.
- Client is looking for candidates that come from a first party or third party collections agency.
- Concentration will be collecting on retail charge of debt.
- Candidates will be fielding an average of 200 outbound calls on a daily basis.
- Must be friendly and a people person
- Collections experience is a plus
- Must have held down a job for more than a year (otherwise don’t apply)
- Must be able to pass a drug test and have a clean criminal background
- Must be clean cut, sharp and computer literate
- Must have at least 1 year of customer service experience