Find below a sample job description template for the position of Customs Broker:
Job Title: Customs Broker
Location of the Job: Bellevue, WA 9800
Years of Experience: 1+to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
As a Licensed Customs Broker, you will clear products and associated shipments via customary customs procedures. You will also act as an account manager for clients, shippers and as the point of contact for carriers, feds and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicated with and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate the release of goods from the carrier, customs or other governmental agency examinations that may be required.
- Identify and complete transactions that require special handling or expediting to produce compliant customs entry processing.
- Obtain Customs release and other government agency releases as needed, arranging delivery and invoicing customers and agents.
- Receive, review and process import documentation and customs entries for assigned accounts including all entry types prepared according to regulatory requirements.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to classify general merchandise
- High School Diploma or GED
- Import Freight forwarding experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years Customs Entry Writer Experience
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE