Have a look at the sample job description template for the position of Data Entry Operator given below. It will help you in preparing the final JD for this opening in your company:
Job Title: Data Entry Operator
Location of the job: Raleigh, NC 27606
Years of Experience: 2 to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Immediate need for 3 (three) Data Entry Operators. Seeking a highly proficient Data Entry Operators to work with a well known financial organization in North Raleigh.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters data for envelopes, labels, form letters and correspondence.
- Accesses information from a computer and/or maintains a computer database.
- Performs basic management of electronic files (i., print, copy, transfer and delete).
- Performs mid-volume data entry (average: 8,001 to 10,000 keystrokes per hour).
- Maintains productivity standards as required
- Performs other clerical duties as required
- Responsible to recognize discrepancies such as: item, quantity, address, price, etc, on source documents for correction and resolution
- Responsible for keying data on-line as it pertains to orders, returns, credits, handbills, pricing programs and system maintenance to include account and salesforce maintenance
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred, but not required
- Minimum 4 year relevant experience
- Must have previous supervisory experience
- Must have fast and accurate data entry skills
Salary: 10.00 – 13.00 /hour