This sample template will give you an idea on what a job description for the position of Facilities Management Manager would look like:
Job Title: Facilities Management Manager
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Years of Experience: 2+ to 7 Years
This position is located at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Administration Directorate, Office of Operations Support, Facilities Management Division, Glynco Design and Construction Branch, Glynco, Georgia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Controls and manages project milestones and budgets from planning through construction and initial operations.
- Coordinates planning, design, cost-engineering, construction and environmental restoration, etc., for engineering projects of substantial scope and complexity.
- Assures the overall management, control, coordination and execution of assigned projects.
- The incumbent is required to integrate sponsor/customer requirements and participation into a comprehensive management plan that is fully coordinated with
- control and manage the project budgets and schedules, assuring that FLETC commitments to the sponsor/customer are met;
- serving as the FLETC’s primary point-of-contact for sponsor/customer and other external agencies on assigned projects.
- all contributing agencies and organizations, including various functional elements within the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC);
- establish responsibilities and set expectations;
- Incumbent serves as Facilities Project Manager, with overall responsibility for planning, scoping, development, design, construction, direction, analysis and evaluation of significant construction projects.
- Develop, implement, and monitor measurement and reporting tools for meeting financial and operational performance goals.
- Participate in developing strategic and financial direction.
- Participate in the selection and performance management of staff members.
- BS Degree required.
- LEED accreditation and previous experience with sustainability initiatives strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple teams simultaneously and communicate effectively with customers.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Operational knowledge and ability to communicate with other disciplines, including design and construction, engineering, sales and manufacturing.
- Advanced technical knowledge of facility management and business services.
- Minimum 8 years facility management experience, including experience managing multiple sites and remote personnel.
Work Hours: Hours will include the possibility of evening and weekend work
Education: Bachelor’s Degree