Here is a sample job description template for the position of Field Service Engineer:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location of the Job: Madison, PA 15663
Years of Experience: 1+to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Position is responsible for applying technical knowledge of electronic and test equipment to test, maintain, repair, troubleshoot, integrate and configure seismic recording equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve moderate to complex application problems including, but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, gas, hydraulic and process issues at our customer locations.
- Performs complex and specialized corrective and preventative maintenance work on equipment.
- May be asked to service all Engineered Products product lines and new technologies.
- Handle warranty claims, working hand-in-hand with the customer on RMA’s.
- Support Siemens pilot programs in Chemical Dosing Products, Centrifuges, Filter Presses, etc. as required with prospective customers.
- Performs onsite process testing. This often requires interaction with customer’s systems, third party vendors (such as chemical/polymer suppliers).
- May provide computer based classroom as well as hands on operational and maintenance training.
- Assists sales representatives in communicating features, benefits, mechanics and operation of the new product(s).
- Essential product knowledge and application is a plus (i.e. field experience)
- Required to work independently in a self-supervisory capacity and be self-motivated
- Proficient in the operation, application and use of computer systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with customers and employees
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities in electrical and electronic equipment and application
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time (up to 50%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering with related experience in operation, repair and maintenance of electronic systems (or similar)
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE