This sample job description template for the position of Help Desk Technician will help you in preparing a real JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Help Desk Technician
Location of the Job: St. Louis, MO 63131
Years of Experience: 3+ to 7 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate Degree
ACP is looking for a highly motivated and successful Help Desk Support Technician to be part of our dynamic team at our Buffalo Grove, Illinois location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in projects and tasks as assigned (5%).
- Perform minor system and user administration roles (5%).
- Verify that open incidents are current and updated, and that all parties are aware of the incident status (10%).
- Follow up with internal customers once incidents are resolved to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction (15%).
- Provide first contact point for internal customers via telephone and email for all internal technology problems and request incidents (15%).
- Document and resolve or route internal customer incidents in a timely and efficient manner (50%).
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Basic networking troubleshooting knowledge
- Experience working within a Help Desk Call Management application
- Working knowledge of 2007 MS Office System
- Working knowledge of MS Windows XP Operating System
- Speak fluent English
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and Customer Support skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must possess A + Certification
- Minimum 2 years Help Desk customer support experience
- Must possess Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) Certification
Salary: Competitive salary