Following is a sample job description template for the position of Information Specialist:
Job Title: Information Specialist
Location of the Job: Fort Worth, TX 76101
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Information Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day database maintenance and data entry activities of the Distribution Services Team. These activities include the addition and maintenance of broker dealer, office and rep data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to FOIA requests in a timely manner.
- Assigned as part of a team of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) specialists responding primarily to FOIA request, among others things.
- Assist the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Public Docket with daily functions of activities.
- Provides the manager with the information required for weekly and monthly reports.
- Sorts and responds to incoming mail and telephone request in a timely, courteous, and accurate manner.
- Responds to requests for information on documents from Agency staff, other government agencies, or the public.
- Produces current awareness reports, bibliographies, and other items as directed.
- Maintains equipment and arranges for equipment repairs.
- Shelves new and returned material in stacks.
- Sorts and distributes mail to appropriate units.
- Greets and assists walk-in-visitors, researchers, and other patrons and oversees file/reading room.
- Maintains automated circulation system and circulation desk.
- Relational database experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to research trades with broker dealer firms by asking probing questions is required
- Knowledge of mutual funds/financial services a plus
- MS Office skills
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE