This sample job description template for the position of International Trade Specialist will guide you in preparing a real JD for this opening in your company.
Job Title: International Trade Specialist
Location of the Job: Phoenix, AZ 85001
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The ITC Specialist will be based in our Land Systems business located in Orlando Florida and will provide support to the other SATCOM facilities located in Michigan, California, England, and South Africa. Up to 40% travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have dotted line responsibility for Business Unit’s Empowered Official.
- Implement corporate Trade Compliance Procedures at the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and Business Unit (BU) level.
- Coordinate all import and export shipments (hardware and technical data) with shipping department and provide guidance.
- Develop a Trade Compliance program and manual for Cobham SATCOM SBU and train all business units on procedures.
- Properly classify all products through the submittal of Commodity Jurisdiction Requests, Commodity Classification Requests, and Self Classification.
- Provide assistance to all personnel on Trade related questions and guidance.
- Create audit process and complete audit of each business unit annually and design reports/tools to measure effectiveness of Trade Procedures.
- Determine ECCN, HTS, and/or munitions list categories for all products.
- Ensure site has Trade Compliance meetings on a monthly basis and maintain accurate and timely minutes and action notes.
- Work with Engineering and Sales team to identify new product classification and potential licensable transactions.
- Maintain import/export records in accordance with US trade regulations.
- Provide Government reporting and disclosures when necessary.
- Identify and determine any possible trade violations and timely disclose if necessary.
- Prepare, submit, and administer export licenses, agreements, Temporary Admission Carnets
- Attend seminars and online trainings, receive Trade newsletters, and do research to stay current on all Trade Regulations.
- Ability to input, access, retrieve and send information via computer (SAP).
- Office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and 0 to 3 years relevant job experience
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and system database
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of company policies and procedures regarding ITAR, ERA, US Customs, other laws governing international trade
Salary: $24.00 – $26.00 Hourly DOE