This sample template will help you prepare a job description for the position of Kitchen Manager in your organization.
Job Title: Kitchen Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Responsible for the successful implementation and execution of all company standards, procedures and systems within the Pub’s back of the house operation including; the leadership, training and management of staff, food and labor costs, inventory, sanitation and food safety, recipe adherence and the overall quality of food and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Accountable for all kitchen inventories; responsible for the weekly completion of inventory and ensuring its accuracy
- Provide direction, leadership, motivation, coaching and counseling to all kitchen staff
- Recruit, interview and train new kitchen staff while continuously developing existing staff
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing of food to ensure efficient operation
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, storing and maintaining proper stock levels
- Maintain all food and labor costs, manage waste, and drive profitability
- Enforce all health, safety and sanitation standards, including the use of the HACCP log and line checks, and ensure that all staff are following such standards
- Accountable for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire kitchen area including all food storage areas and coolers.
- Responsible that all staff hired meet company standards and are trained according to company policies, rules and regulations
- Ensure that all recipes are adhered to, presentation and quality of food is consistent, served on schedule, and within the Claddagh standards and guidelines
- Maximize productivity; plan, direct and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of all back of the house staff
- Work to maintain company standards in the areas of food, labor and controllable costs
- First Aid, CPR, AED certified
- Familiarity with Hawaiian food, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience in planning and conducting training programs
- Proven leadership capabilities
- ServSafe certification required
- Minimum 4+ years of management experience or schooling equivalent
- 4 years of kitchen experience
- Cooking school or college degree required
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE