Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Database Analyst:
Job Title: Database Analyst
Location of the Job: Houston, TX 77006
Job Type: Full Time Employee
The Information Technology team at Catholic Charities has an exciting opportunity for a Database Analyst at our offices in Houston, TX. The individual that fills this position will be responsible for modeling, designing, implementing, and maintaining our client management databases, ensuring that solutions meet program objectives.
- Experience/knowledge of storage administration
- 10+ years experience as an Oracle production support expertise is required.
- Experience with trouble shooting RAC performance issues related to interconnect, ASM
- Experience with TAF, various load balancing techniques (client side as well as server side) available in RAC environments.
- 5+ years of experience with design/install/maintenance/support of Oracle RAC/ASM (Oracle 11g RAC experience preferred)
- 5+ years experience as a senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) with design, installation, and support experience with Real Application Clusters (RAC) databases on Solaris and Linux platforms.
- 4 year degree in IT or related field and 12+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- RAC expertise is a must. Candidates without RAC experience will not be considered for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs manual data extracts from a variety of sources, including text files, Excel worksheets, and other database files, on both a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Using experience and judgment, works in a guided manner to consult with internal clients and vendors in order to evaluate data needs.
- Adapts to variable situations requiring an advanced degree of interpretive and/or constructive thinking to achieve viable solutions to business problems.
- Accepts generally defined objectives which require interpolative and adaptive skills to create new solutions to tasks or problems.
- As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies.
- Utilize existing reporting tools and may recommend and implement new tools/approaches to reporting needs.
- Serves as a consultant on technological advancements. Provides oversight, mentoring and leadership to less experienced staff.
Salary: 28,000.00 – 42,000.00 USD /year