Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Legal Assistant:
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Location of the job: Chattanooga, TN 37402
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate Degree
Volt Workforce Solutions Mission Viejo has partnered with a leading public utility company in Rosemead to help identify a Legal Admin Assistant for an immediate temporary opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective verbal and written English communications skills.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation; experience with legal databases preferred.
- Basic understanding of legal concepts, procedures and terminology
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of grammar/spelling
- One year of experience in the legal field is preferable, but we will be willing to train the right candidate.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Must have experience using MS Word, and knowledge of Lotus Notes is highly preferred.
- Must have experience in civil litigation and experience with filing pleadings and experience in trial preparation.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 4 years administrative and calendaring experience within the legal environment.