Here is a sample job description template for the position of Library Assistant:
Job Title: Library Assistant
Location of the job: Century City, CA 90067
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
Mid-size law firm is seeking a Library Assistant for our Century City office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies; assist in processing of administrative and financial transaction duties and services.
- Use automated on-line library system to perform basic library functions or process; verify and enter statistical data.
- Assist staff faculty, and/or librarian with basic reference service; staff public service desks, providing customer service and assistance.
- Resolve routine operational problems and provide first-level troubleshooting of relevant library systems.
- Under direct supervision, performs routine tasks utilizing automated database systems to include: material check-in, circulation, searching, ordering of material, and/or copy cataloging.
- Respond to individual requests for information from students/faculty, refer to appropriate information source, and/or answer routine operational and procedural questions.
- Willing to work weekends and evenings.
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team
- Basic computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least one year related experience in a post-secondary institution preferred
- Associates degree in Library, Information Science, or related with a Bachelor’s preferred.