The sample job description template for the position of Medical Examiner given below is for guidance purpose only. You need to make necessary changes to reflect the actual requirements of your organization.
Job Title: Medical Examiner
Location of the Job: Long Beach, CA 90806
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
As a medical claim examiner for this stable Healthcare Services Company, you will be responsible for review and confirm claim information in accordance to policy, connect with all parties to ensure claim accuracy and track all progress of claim and report to management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in school activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
- Under the general supervision of the Program Director delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods;
- Participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and in-service training sessions.
- Remains current in applicable program teaching field;
- Maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records;
- Develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students;
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be knowledgeable in course content and effective in directing/evaluating student learning and laboratory performance
- Current Driver’s License required
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of Health Claims Examining/Medical Billing (HCE/MB) experience or two (2) years (HCE/MB) experience if you have graduated from an accredited Health Claims Examining or Medical Billing program
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE