This sample job description template for the position of Payroll Coordinator will guide you in preparing the actual JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Location of the job: Washington, DC 20043
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are intent on growing and always looking for Good, Qualified Accounting Coordinators to join our already Strong and Fun Team in order to provide our Organization with in-depth accounting expertise and exceptional corporate support services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reconciliations of all payroll-related general ledger accounts.
- Handles confidential and sensitive employee information.
- Prepares, audits, reconciles and resolves processing and employee issues to ensure accurate reporting within payroll and equity deadlines.
- Ensures accurate reporting of variable compensation via the ongoing administration of the Company’s software-based commission tool.
- Ensures accurate reporting of payroll and equity compensation based on requirements of Company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, Federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Manually calculates wages for overtime and terminations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to develop and maintain files and records.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience with ADP Payforce
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Excellent organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ensure the highest level of accuracy, confidentiality and customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.