Following is a sample job description template for the position of Product Controller:
Job Title: Product Controller
Location of the job: New York, NY 10167
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our client, one of the leading financial service firms in the world, seeks Product Controllers all levels, all asset classes, with experience in Product Control, or out of Hedge Fund with Products, or Public Accounting with Products background.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Compute cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare, time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, and services.
- Initiates and manages cost procedures for all products.
- Directs financial activities through subordinates by evaluation of product concepts, transparency of costs and results for all product developments.
- 8+ years of experience, mainly in product control for distressed debt and par loans
- An analytical mind-set and the willingness to review market risk data, P/L trends / dislocations are required
- Working knowledge of LoanIQ is a plus
- An Accounting / Finance Degree is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This person needs to be proficient in MS Excel (V-Lookups / pivot tables) and able to easily assimilate with various front-end / finance IT Systems
Salary: $12.00 – $100 Hourly DOE