Following is a sample job description template for the position of Receiving Manager:
Job Title: Receiving Manager
Location of the Job: Houston, TX 77041
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
At C & C Industries, we are looking for employees who can operate independently and as part of a team that builds business relationships through discipline, dedication, and commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Knowledgeable in the Food Industry; previous experience in food distribution is required.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Records receiving by completing daily receiving logs, Daily inventory reports.
- Ensure high quality product is received and credits are written for all unacceptable product received.
- Meets Receiving operational standards by implementing productivity, quality, and resolving problems; identifying process improvements.
- Responsible for monitoring perishables and determining/executing the appropriate food conditioning needs to ensure product quality.
- Oversees Product status and condition to ensure company quality standards are met.
- Implement new procedures and processes to streamline receiving and ensure quality.
- Creates schedules, monitors hours and controls overtime for Receiving department.
- Accomplishes Receiving objectives by: training, scheduling, and developing team.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and have experience working with a mainframe computer environment similar to AS400
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in inventory control
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience supervising warehouse/receiving
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE